Hooray for Hamlet!!!
Maybe you think the excitement/exclamation points are a little ridiculous. Hamlet is not exactly the most positive story in the Shakesperian repertoire.
Things I Free-Associate With Hamlet Include:
- Alas poor Yorrick
- über-morbid grave-digging humor
- bat-shit crazy heartbroken girlfriends
- soliloquies on suicide
- bloody death-fests with poison-tipped swords
Overarchingly not-positive, right?
You know not what it is?
Well, ALLOW me to introduce you to a whole new world of Hamlets. That’s right! Hamlets are (drumroll please) MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SANDWICH!
. . . this sandwich.
- Rye bread (I like it swirled with pumpernickel!)
- ham cold-cuts
- cole slaw *
- dill pickles
- tomatoes, sliced
- swiss cheese slices
* whisk together 1/2 c. mayo, 1/2 c. vegetable oil, 1/8 c. sugar, 1/6 c. white vinegar, then pour over 1 bag of shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix and let sit for about 1 hour before using
Now you just layer it all!!!
Please note, step #8 involves broiling for a minute. . . or putting it in the oven for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it is out of the oven, you just ENJOY IT in all of its glorious mess! Which, ironically, is how you enjoy the play as well, if you really want to know.
Disagree with me on this one? Well, all I have to say to you is: